Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Pre-requisite For Oracle Critical Patch Updates (Oracle 10g ( 10.2.0.1.0) RHL5)
Pre-requisite For Oracle Critical Patch Updates [message #489963] Thu, 20 January 2011 05:59 Go to next message
abhijeet007
Hello Associates,

I need some detail information regarding the CPM Patches released by oracle quarterly.

Is it compulsory to set the CPM patch when it is being realized.
How to set or apply this patch. (either by runInstaller or OPatch utility i am not sure about this)

What is the difference between the interim & CPM patches.

Thanks in advance

Thanks,
Abhijeet Kshirsagar.
Re: Pre-requisite For Oracle Critical Patch Updates [message #489967 is a reply to message #489963] Thu, 20 January 2011 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
CPM or CPU?

Quote:
Is it compulsory to set the CPM patch when it is being realized

Read the bugs it fixes then apply it if you feel you're in danger.

Quote:
How to set or apply this patch.

Just follow the detailled steps described in the readme file.

Quote:
What is the difference between the interim & CPM patches.

What do you mean by interim patch?

Regards
Michel
icon7.gif  Re: Pre-requisite For Oracle Critical Patch Updates [message #490103 is a reply to message #489967] Fri, 21 January 2011 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
abhijeet007
Sorry For CPM Its CPU

As per my understanding.
If any bug comes in between two cpu Patchs released then oracle suggest a patch for fixing that particular bug this patch is called interim patch(ONE-OFF Patch).

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks
Abhijeet K.
Re: Pre-requisite For Oracle Critical Patch Updates [message #490109 is a reply to message #490103] Fri, 21 January 2011 01:01 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Not exactly, one-off patches fix one (or few) bug but they are not released, you get them when you ask for them to fix these very specific bugs.
CPUs are fixes that cover a set of security bugs and only security bugs. They are released quaterly.
PSUs are fixes that cover all kind of bugs and embed CPU. They are released quaterly.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Issue regarding IMPORT activity
Next Topic: problem with export illegal parameter value in OCI lob function
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:42:49 CDT 2024