Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » issue with import (AIX, Oracle 11.2.0.2)
issue with import [message #505029] Thu, 28 April 2011 21:19 Go to next message
lg123
When I am importing, I get these errors

IMP-00019: row rejected due to ORACLE error 1
IMP-00003: ORACLE error 1 encountered
ORA-00001: unique constraint (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX) violated
Column 1 2
Column 2 OFFLINE
Column 3 Y
Column 4 Offline Channel
ORA-00001: unique constraint (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) violated
Column 1 1
Column 2 ONLINE
Column 3 Y
Column 4 Online Channel
ORA-00001: unique constraint (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) violated
Column 1 21
Column 2 ONLINE_OFFLINE
Column 3 Y
Column 4 Delivered online and offline 0

I added a datafile in undo tablespace (its an ASM database). I doubt that since I added the datafile to undo tablespace, I am getting this error.
Re: issue with import [message #505030 is a reply to message #505029] Thu, 28 April 2011 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
Which part of the Posting Guidelines ( http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/ ) did you NOT read & follow?
Was it the part about using SEARCH ( http://www.orafaq.com/forum/s/136107/ ) or GOOGLE ( http://google.com ) before posting?
Why should we repeat here, what is already documented at http://tahiti.oracle.com
Please post DOCUMENTED solution back here after you have found it.
Re: issue with import [message #505031 is a reply to message #505030] Thu, 28 April 2011 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lg123
y do u have a forum then??
Re: issue with import [message #505054 is a reply to message #505031] Fri, 29 April 2011 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
1/ Not to answer questions that are in the documentation
2/ Not to make the work of lazy people that
3/ ONCE MORE read OraFAQ Forum Guide and correctly post.

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Sat, 30 April 2011 00:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: issue with import [message #505185 is a reply to message #505054] Fri, 29 April 2011 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lg123
I never knew you people are there only to abuse new comers like me. If you do not want to give solutions, keep quite or dont post anything. Y DO YOU abuse like this? For that matter, everything is there in the internet. According to the rules you put, no one must post any issue on the forums. You think that you know everything and others dont know anything. Please change that mentality. You did not jump from the sky. Even you might be a fresher sometime ago. Everyone starts from the scratch. People post the issues in the forums because they cant take too much time to resolve an issue. As an Oracle DBA you must know this simple fact. We cannot do RESEARCH and take our own time. By doing like this, you are prohibiting the knowledge among the freshers who want to improve themselves in gaining the knowledge with Oracle. I am sure you will never GROW up.
Re: issue with import [message #505186 is a reply to message #505185] Fri, 29 April 2011 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>you are prohibiting the knowledge among the freshers who want to improve themselves in gaining the knowledge with Oracle
Exactly how have YOU been prohibited from learning Oracle?

You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

I have a couple of questions for you.
1) Would you like some cheese to accompany your whine?
2) Have you Read The Fine Manual to learn answers to previously posted questions?
Re: issue with import [message #505193 is a reply to message #505185] Sat, 30 April 2011 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
(In addition to Blackswan's post.)

lg123 wrote on Sat, 30 April 2011 02:32
I never knew you people are there only to abuse new comers like me. If you do not want to give solutions, keep quite or dont post anything. Y DO YOU abuse like this? For that matter, everything is there in the internet. According to the rules you put, no one must post any issue on the forums. You think that you know everything and others dont know anything. Please change that mentality. You did not jump from the sky. Even you might be a fresher sometime ago. Everyone starts from the scratch. People post the issues in the forums because they cant take too much time to resolve an issue. As an Oracle DBA you must know this simple fact. We cannot do RESEARCH and take our own time. By doing like this, you are prohibiting the knowledge among the freshers who want to improve themselves in gaining the knowledge with Oracle. I am sure you will never GROW up.

"only" is not fair due to the number of times we help you and we do not abuse a new comer that have registered almost 3 years ago and has posted 55 messages.

Of course, you prefer WE research and take OUR own time.

Of course, not feeding you and encouraging you to first search by NOT answering prevent you from improving you.

This is for sure a silly answer from someone that is not used to use his brain.

By the way, do you realize that posting partial information does not help you to get correct answers?

Regards
Michel

Re: issue with import [message #505209 is a reply to message #505193] Sat, 30 April 2011 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If you read carefully enough what you posted in your first message, you'll see the error lines saying (I removed unnecessary words):
Quote:

row rejected due to ORACLE error ORA-00001: unique constraint (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX) violated

It says that that very row was not imported into a table because of the error whose code is ORA-00001. Furthermore, it says that the unique constraint (whose name is enclosed into the brackets; I guess you don't really name your constraints such a funny names, do you?) has been violated.

As someone who works with Oracle, you should know where to find some basic information - it is Oracle documentation, available at http://tahiti.oracle.com. You'd pick your database version, search the documentation for "error messages", open the page and check what's being said for the error you are interested in. It is described here. It says:
Quote:

ORA-00001: unique constraint (string.string) violated

Cause: An UPDATE or INSERT statement attempted to insert a duplicate key. For Trusted Oracle configured in DBMS MAC mode, you may see this message if a duplicate entry exists at a different level.

Action: Either remove the unique restriction or do not insert the key.

OK, so what does that mean? It means that you should check the tables' constraints, find the one that has been violated, find columns it is created upon and, well, fix the error cause.

For example: if there's a unique constraint on Scott's EMP table:
SQL> alter table emp add constraint uk_emp unique (ename, job);

Table altered.
This is how you'd search for columns that make UNIQUE constraint:
SQL> select constraint_name
  2  from user_constraints
  3  where table_name = 'EMP'
  4    and constraint_type = 'U';

CONSTRAINT_NAME
------------------------------
UK_EMP

SQL> select column_name
  2  from user_cons_columns
  3  where constraint_name = 'UK_EMP';

COLUMN_NAME
---------------------------------------
ENAME
JOB

OK, now you know that "ENAME + JOB" combination in the EMP table must be unique.

If Import utility complains that this constraint has been violated, it means that there are rows whose "ENAME + JOB" combination is not unique. The "Action" suggests that you should either modify the constraint itself (for example, drop it if such combinations are valid. Or, add another column(s) to the constraint), or - if the constraint is created the way it should be - avoid inserting duplicate values into unique key columns.

So, why exactly do you feel that simply reading what Oracle says makes such a problem? More or less, it is self explaining. I don't understand what made you think that adding a DATA FILE causes unique constraint violation.

Also, calling yourself a "newbie" is a little bit too much. You are registered for YEARS now, so don't act like a spoiled child.
Re: issue with import [message #505219 is a reply to message #505193] Sat, 30 April 2011 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lg123
I never expect you to search for me and give me the solutions. If you are not interested, you no need to respond. Someone who is interested would provide me solution. Even if I give you 200% information, you wouldnt be willing to answer. The forum does not belong to you alone. There are a lot of people and abusing us like this does not sound good. If you dont want to respond, just keep quite. No need to give your useless comments. People can ask doubts based upon their knowledge and requirement. In my case, I had to ask because I had to complete the task ASAP. Do do not need to search for the solution and provide me. Whoever has already faced the situation, can provide it. It doesnt mean that If i join few years ago, i must have attained lot of experience. If you assume things on your own, I cannot do anything.

Bottomline : If you know the solution and willing to provide, reply for the posts, else KEEP QUITE and never abuse anyone.
Re: issue with import [message #505222 is a reply to message #505219] Sat, 30 April 2011 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Bottom line: if you don't want to read and follow the guide as we requested you many times, "KEEP QUITE and never abuse anyone". Carefully read your post and you will see that you contradict yourself, in a single post. Congratulations!
If you are not experienced after 3 years, then you should think about a change in your job.
You have to complete a task, you should say 17 tasks you were unable to complete by yourself in the last 10 days.
Mmmm, yes you should think about searching for something else to do, you are not made for this job.

For your information, I am free to speak and no one can tell me to shut my mouth.

Regards
Michel
Re: issue with import [message #505227 is a reply to message #505222] Sat, 30 April 2011 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>never abuse anyone.
Requesting that you comply with Posting Guidelines is not "abuse".
Re: issue with import [message #505231 is a reply to message #505227] Sat, 30 April 2011 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
@lg123: I'm confused ... what do you, actually, want? People pointed you to read the documentation - you didn't like it. I tried to provide assistance (most probably not the best in the world, but I tried, at least) - it seems that you don't like it either. What would satisfy your needs?
Re: issue with import [message #505232 is a reply to message #505231] Sat, 30 April 2011 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Go to his place and do his job. Smile

Regards
Michel
Re: issue with import [message #505234 is a reply to message #505232] Sat, 30 April 2011 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lg123
This forum is one junk and you guys are junk. No one can ask any doubt in this forum because you guys will not allow anyone to ask any doubts.
Re: issue with import [message #505235 is a reply to message #505234] Sat, 30 April 2011 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lg123
First of all, stop thinking that you know everything about Oracle. IF you dont know to provide the solution, dont abuse.
Re: issue with import [message #505236 is a reply to message #505232] Sat, 30 April 2011 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lg123
If you want to abuse someone, better abuse yourself not others. Understand? I am sure you wont get anything in your head. You are simply a junk.
Re: issue with import [message #505237 is a reply to message #505227] Sat, 30 April 2011 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lg123
You got junk rules which does not make any sense. Better close this forum which is of no use to anyone. People will be afraid to post any question or doubts in this forum because there are some useless people who are sitting just to abuse them. They dont have any other work other than fighting with the members. Thats the time pass they have.
Re: issue with import [message #505238 is a reply to message #505232] Sat, 30 April 2011 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lg123
You cannot do my job because you will start abusing the colleagues. If your manager asks you to do some task, you will ask him 'Why are you asking me to do? Do it by yourself!'. No one will hire such junk people.
Re: issue with import [message #505239 is a reply to message #505237] Sat, 30 April 2011 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
lg123,

Take a chill pill, please.
Re: issue with import [message #505243 is a reply to message #505238] Sat, 30 April 2011 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThomasG
lg123 wrote on Sat, 30 April 2011 23:52
If your manager asks you to do some task, you will ask him 'Why are you asking me to do? Do it by yourself!'

No. If someone PAYS me to to a job, I either do that job or I quit.

If my manager asks me to wash his car, I of course refuse to do it, because it's not my job. We are always here and willing to help if you actually have a *problem*. But we are not here to just copy/paste your error message into the error lookup tool that is already available, because you are to lazy to do it yourself.

So YOU are paid to do a job and expect others to do that job for you for free, while you still get the money. You are the one who is abusing people.

[Updated on: Sat, 30 April 2011 18:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: issue with import [message #505246 is a reply to message #505243] Sat, 30 April 2011 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lg123
Quitters are floppers. You are a flop! you need money to respond to the messages in the forum? No one will pay you. You have never posted and got any help in forums?
Re: issue with import [message #505247 is a reply to message #505246] Sat, 30 April 2011 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lg123
Stop criticizing others first. You are no better than anyone. You will help only a person who has 10 years of experience with Oracle? I can ask doubts when I face an issue and I cannot frame the doubts according to you. At times, I may tend to post questions which may be silly to others. But it doesnt mean that you have to mock or scold or abuse that person. You were not born with knowledge in oracle. I am sure you might have been worser than me when you beginned your career. So just stop criticizing others.
Re: issue with import [message #505248 is a reply to message #505246] Sat, 30 April 2011 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lg123
If you dont like the question I am asking, dont respond. iT'S AS simply as that. If you dont even understand it, its not my problem. I dont simply post the questions right away without referring to google. People give different suggestions and opinions. I cannot keep trying all the solutions in production server. And mostly likely, there is no guarentee that I ll get the same issue if I try with the test servers. I dont have all the time in the world as you have. I am sure you have lot of time to experiment. I never asked you to respond.
Re: issue with import [message #505249 is a reply to message #505243] Sat, 30 April 2011 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lg123
Did I ask you to respond to my post? Did I ask you to answer my questions or doubts? I never need your response. Do you get my point?? Whoever is interested to respond can respond to my messages. It is ok even if i dont get any response. You are talking as if I forced you to help me? You are not willing to help anyone here. That is the truth. IF you want to help, help yourself.

----------------------------
No. If someone PAYS me to to a job, I either do that job or I quit.

If my manager asks me to wash his car, I of course refuse to do it, because it's not my job. We are always here and willing to help if you actually have a *problem*. But we are not here to just copy/paste your error message into the error lookup tool that is already available, because you are to lazy to do it yourself.

So YOU are paid to do a job and expect others to do that job for you for free, while you still get the money. You are the one who is abusing people.
Re: issue with import [message #505250 is a reply to message #505249] Sat, 30 April 2011 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThomasG
I have said what I wanted to say. Now to comply with your wishes, I add you to my "ignore" list. Period. Have a nice day.
Re: issue with import [message #505251 is a reply to message #505250] Sat, 30 April 2011 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>I cannot keep trying all the solutions in production server
have you managed to install Oracle RDBMS on your own system so you'll have a sandbox to play in?
Re: issue with import [message #505254 is a reply to message #505250] Sat, 30 April 2011 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lg123
Ignore all the members. Because you dont like anyone posting anything in this forum.
Re: issue with import [message #505255 is a reply to message #505254] Sat, 30 April 2011 22:38 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
>Ignore all the members.
You have been doing exactly this for more than a week.

Since you don't answer our questions, why should anyone answer yours?
Previous Topic: Processing object type SCHEMA_EXPORT/TABLE/INDEX/INDEX
Next Topic: problem in loading foreign characters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:43:02 CDT 2024