Home » Other » Suggestions & Feedback » Same poster in multiple forums outside OraFAQ?
Same poster in multiple forums outside OraFAQ? [message #595880] Sun, 15 September 2013 13:52 Go to next message
Lalit Kumar B
Folks,

I need a small clarification, if we find the same poster in other forums such as OTN etc. with same question and if we find exactly similar behavior of the OP while answering to our questions, then is it OK to provide a link of the other forum where it has already been answered. Or, is it not according to OraFAQ's guidelines? Do we need to answer the same question in multiple forums and entertain OP to make multiple people to give their effort? have witnessed this happening, and sometimes, people have genuinely asked the OP that why the same question is being asked in multiple forums.

IMHO, we could have different answers and thoughts to a question because of the people participating. Just want to know what you guys think?

Regards,
Lalit
Re: Same poster in multiple forums outside OraFAQ? [message #595885 is a reply to message #595880] Sun, 15 September 2013 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Yes, it is allowed and usual to post a link to the other forum(s) where the same question has been posted (something like "same question posted in OTN with the link to the OTN thread).
And, vice versa, to post a link to the OraFAQ topic in the other forum(s). Smile

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Sun, 15 September 2013 14:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Same poster in multiple forums outside OraFAQ? [message #595886 is a reply to message #595885] Sun, 15 September 2013 14:36 Go to previous message
Lalit Kumar B
Thanks Michel for the quick response. That answers a lot of ambiguities I have had.

I just needed this to be clarified since, most of the new questions are just FAQs in all the forums. As T.Kyte says, hardly anything could be a new question, rather, I would say, (unless it belongs to a new Oracle release). A thorough search would provide an answer.

Regards,
Lalit
Previous Topic: A small bug in Orafaq's Control Panel/Account Settings section
Next Topic: How about a name tag [name] in the forums?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:16:49 CDT 2024