Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to create login form.(merged)
How to create login form.(merged) [message #599236] Wed, 23 October 2013 02:55 Go to next message
jgjeetu

I have made few forms , but i want only those users to access these forms who have valid login and password to access these forms.
For exapmle i have created one form employee details (shows the details of emp table in tabular form) which is based on emp table.
The users are scott having password tiger ,and User Test having password Test. i want to make a login form to give access to only these users to access employee tables. if someone else tries to access it then it should show Unauthorized login error.

My requirement is i want to create a basic login form which includes
Login i.e Text_item
Password i.e text_item
Login i.e push button

kindly tell what should be the queries behind these items.
and how to connect this form to database.
I am attaching file , just add working codes in that or you can write codes here also ,i will try to understand that if still i will have any problem then i will ask but for now i want codes only . Thanks

[Updated on: Wed, 23 October 2013 02:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to create login form. [message #599244 is a reply to message #599236] Wed, 23 October 2013 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Have a look what Google returned for oracle forms custom login form. There are examples with code, so you might find something useful.
Re: How to create login form. [message #599248 is a reply to message #599244] Wed, 23 October 2013 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughals_king
@littlefott linked very great information if you are still facing any problem i have design and developed login form for you if you need that fmb just let me know

Regard
mughal

[Updated on: Wed, 23 October 2013 05:04]

Re: How to create login form. [message #599274 is a reply to message #599248] Wed, 23 October 2013 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jgjeetu

yeah provide me @mughal
How to create table to store usernames/passwords. [message #599282 is a reply to message #599236] Wed, 23 October 2013 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jgjeetu

First i apologize because i know this is not right section to post this thread but my question is related to sql part only
that is why i am posting it here .
I want to design a login form and this is the query which i got from google.
declare
	v_pwd varchar2(20);
	v_exception varchar2(50);
begin
	select PWD into v_pwd from LOGIN where "NAME"=:TXT_NAME;
	if v_pwd=:TXT_PWD then
		message('granted');
		message('granted');
	else
			message('Not match');
			message('Not match');
	end if;
	exception
		when others then
		 v_exception:=sqlerrm;
		 message(v_exception);
		 message(v_exception);
end;

but when i try to run it it gives error 201:- identifier LOGIN must be declared.
LOGIN which is table for sure , i want to know how to create this Login table to store Usernames and password.
and the most important how to connect this form to database.
(I have attached .fmb file in case of need)
  • Attachment: LOGIN.fmb
    (Size: 44.00KB, Downloaded 6425 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 23 October 2013 08:27]

Re: How to create table to store usernames/passwords. [message #599285 is a reply to message #599282] Wed, 23 October 2013 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
which USER owns table LOGIN?
which USER is running the posted code?

What have you been told regarding EXCEPTION handler code?
Re: How to create table to store usernames/passwords. [message #599286 is a reply to message #599282] Wed, 23 October 2013 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pablolee
exception
		when others then
		 v_exception:=sqlerrm;
		 message(v_exception);
		 message(v_exception);
Wow! I find it hard to believe that you are STILL using code like this.

Post the url where you picked up this code.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 October 2013 08:34]

Re: How to create login form. [message #599290 is a reply to message #599244] Wed, 23 October 2013 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
Ummm, create a table called login with a userid and a password and check against it. What do you not understand?

I would not use a column called NAME though. It is a reserved word.

I do not understand what you mean by connecting the form to a database.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 October 2013 08:44]

Re: How to create table to store usernames/passwords. [message #599309 is a reply to message #599286] Wed, 23 October 2013 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jgjeetu

dear pabolee i know when others can hide errors , n you guys guided me i know but i want to tell you its not a live project , right now i am just trying to create login form . now i avoid to use it thanks
Re: How to create login form. [message #599312 is a reply to message #599290] Wed, 23 October 2013 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jgjeetu

see the code which i posted it says
"select passwrod from login table" , and i already said that i have made this query using internet sources.
so its obvious that there may be a table which stores username/password
so i want to know how to create that table which stores username/password.
and second thing at the time of login my form should be connected with database
as we do "when we login with scott/tiger connecting database orcl"

Now my question is clear and if still not then just tell me the procedure to create login form
Thanks
Re: How to create login form. [message #599316 is a reply to message #599312] Wed, 23 October 2013 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
In order to create that table, open SQL*Plus and use CREATE TABLE statement. Specify all columns you need.

Just being curious: why do you care about "custom login form"? What's wrong with Forms' login form? Create users normally, connected as a privileged user using CREATE USER statement. Grant them access to objects they are allowed to use. Let them login to the application and do their job.
Certainly, you may enforce your own policy regarding menu items they are allowed to see etc., but that's another question.
Re: How to create login form. [message #599331 is a reply to message #599316] Wed, 23 October 2013 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jgjeetu

ok i dont want anything just open that .fmb file and run it using d2k6i or 10g whatever , it will give you error which i have mentioned , just provide me solution to handle that error for that only thanks
Re: How to create login form. [message #599335 is a reply to message #599331] Wed, 23 October 2013 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughals_king
Dear Dear don't worry give me your email id i will send you .fmb tables each and everything means user athentication module in free of cost Laughing which i designed & developed for one of the largest reputed company in Denmark like login form, user registration, USER_PREVILAGE, USER_LOG_STATUS etc. of-course before login form you need user detail should be into your particular table.

Regard
Mughal
Re: How to create login form. [message #599348 is a reply to message #599335] Wed, 23 October 2013 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jgjeetu

finally made few changes
create login table (id varchar(20) primary key,
pwd vrchar2(20))

insert into login values('ram','ram')
insert into login values('shyam','shyam')

select * from login

after that made changes according to that in login form(see above query)

>Now Tried to run that form again , this time no compliation error
but when entered username and password got error:- not connected to database. (i knew that this problem will arise thats y i asked how to connect this form to database)
(i have already created users ram and shyam and granted them create session )

now this final problem is remaining , hope someone could really help this time.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 October 2013 15:31]

Re: How to create login form. [message #599349 is a reply to message #599335] Wed, 23 October 2013 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jgjeetu

mughal bro check your inbox , i have messaged my email id. send it as soon as possible.
Thanks
and others kindly ignore spelling mistakes ,just provide the solution if you have. Cool

[Updated on: Wed, 23 October 2013 15:35]

Re: How to create login form. [message #599360 is a reply to message #599349] Wed, 23 October 2013 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughals_king
Dear not yet received any email from you just type your EMAIL ID here on this forum i made a zip file for you complete user Athentication module with table scripts each and everything

Regard
Mughal
Re: How to create login form. [message #599385 is a reply to message #599360] Thu, 24 October 2013 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jgjeetu

jgjeetu@gmail.com or jeetu105@ymail.com

Now send it mughal bro . Thanks
Re: How to create login form. [message #599413 is a reply to message #599385] Thu, 24 October 2013 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughals_king
Dear i have sent you complete user Athentication module in your jgjeetu@gmail.com

security1.rar file download and enjoy Cool

Regard
mughal
Re: How to create login form. [message #599415 is a reply to message #599413] Thu, 24 October 2013 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jgjeetu

thanks bro i got your mail , i will check it soon( because exams are going on n you have given a lot of stuff Cool so that will take time to check ) n if there will be a problem i will ask , right now can you provide me solution me this query which i have made ( download fmb file and see the last cmnts ) , now my own made login form is ready just one problem is there , after entering login/password its gives error:- form is not connected to database .
Now tell me how to solve this.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 October 2013 07:07]

Re: How to create login form. [message #599446 is a reply to message #599413] Thu, 24 October 2013 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughals_king
Dear download this fmb but remember this is not a way to create login form
have you ever seen password is highlited like you saved in database passw. always should be
in ASCII (American Standard Code for Information Interchange) or otherways this is totally un-professional way to make login form. This link will help you. regarding strong password

Tips of creating a strong password

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/tips-for-creating-a-strong-password

http://www.asciitable.com/

Regard
Mughal

[Updated on: Thu, 24 October 2013 10:33]

Re: How to create login form. [message #599457 is a reply to message #599446] Thu, 24 October 2013 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
jgjeetu
its gives error:- form is not connected to database
I bet it does not, at least not with these words. It might help some of us if you provided exact Forms error code and message (FRM-xxxxx and/or ORA-xxxxx).

@Mughal: what does information you posted in your last message (strong password? ASCII?) have to do with the original problem, i.e. how to create custom login form?

However (as opposed to Lalit's objection), I don't see anything wrong in you helping people the best you can (including your own forms, CREATE TABLE statements and whatever you find useful).
Re: How to create login form. [message #599462 is a reply to message #599457] Thu, 24 October 2013 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lalit Kumar B
@Littlefoot : I personally don't want to miss any opportunity to learn something new. May be mughal has something great which he has just emailed to OP or may be something which could be improvised. Also, a chance for a good technical discussion on this forum is lost. Of course, helping others is definitely good. Then why not help everybody by posting in the forum itself.
Re: How to create login form. [message #599466 is a reply to message #599462] Thu, 24 October 2013 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Ah, I missed your point!

Certainly, it would be much better if Mughal attached that ZIP file here so that anyone interested could download it, review what he had done and how. The way he did it, only @jgjeetu has that privilege.
Re: How to create login form. [message #599486 is a reply to message #599446] Thu, 24 October 2013 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jgjeetu

Thanks mughal bro again , finally its working , now no error , finally i am able to make custom login form and that was not possible without your help , You are awesome man Cool , Thanks to others also for giving useful suggestions.

(@mughal the stuff (zip file) that you have provided seems very useful i have checked it but right now those things are new for me so that will take time to understand properly n right now exams are going on so will not be able to give enough time to that ,after 29th i will start working on that and if there will be any problem i will ask you)

[Updated on: Thu, 24 October 2013 14:54]

Re: How to create login form. [message #599494 is a reply to message #599466] Thu, 24 October 2013 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughals_king
Dear @littlefoot yes you are right i posted in-complete inform. why i posted this link because he was saving user name and password same like ram/ram just i was trying to explain him what is password his information was like below yes you are right i am wrong i should explain him in detail i really like you on this forum because you have a great knowledge on this forum i use to learn from your logics which you alwayz posted to helps other peoples. Actually @jgjeetu is still in learning process that's why i was trying to teach him like this.

@jgjeetu
----------------------------------------------------
create login table (id varchar(20) primary key,
pwd vrchar2(20))

insert into login values('ram','ram')
insert into login values('shyam','shyam')

as far as concern what is custom login?
as per my knowledge which i learnt from like you peoples on this forum & taking help from internet of-course.

Custom login require exactly two form fields username & password oracle access manager supports authentication forms with two fields only.

Customwar and external context types, require logic within the custom login page to perform the following two tasks.
Send back the request "ID" the page received from the oracle access manager server.

I can explain more about custom login form even professionally i can send you how to create custom login form. I always trying to learn like you people who has a great knowledge on this forum.

Regard
Mughal

[Updated on: Thu, 24 October 2013 15:30]

Re: How to create login form. [message #614117 is a reply to message #599494] Fri, 16 May 2014 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
waheedmw
dear mughals_king kindly send my email address waheedahmed444@live.com on login security1.rar

thanks
Re: How to create login form. [message #625821 is a reply to message #599335] Tue, 14 October 2014 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shahzad-ul-hasan
shah1419@yahoo.com
please send me the login details forms.
Re: How to create login form. [message #671128 is a reply to message #625821] Thu, 16 August 2018 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
babarasla
when timer expire trigger please send
Re: How to create login form. [message #671149 is a reply to message #671128] Thu, 16 August 2018 08:47 Go to previous message
joy_division
babarasla wrote on Thu, 16 August 2018 02:11
when timer expire trigger please send
Please use a correct grammatical sentence. What you said is just gibberish. When-timer-expired is a built-in trigger.

[Updated on: Thu, 16 August 2018 08:48]

Previous Topic: Go to Specific Record
Next Topic: QRCODE with Developer 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:19:20 CDT 2024