Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » IP address Change of Oracle database server (Oracle 10g, Solaris)
IP address Change of Oracle database server [message #662431] Tue, 02 May 2017 02:13 Go to next message
kumarravik
Hi there,

I have an upcoming change in Oracle RDBMS server. The team is planning to change the IP address of Oracle database server.

Can you please guide me what are the things that could be impacted or needs to taken care due to this?

Do i need to take care of database objects like re-validating all objects?

We have many jobs (both Oracle jobs and UNIX jobs) that extracts data from it send it to different sources (i.e. Mainframe, SAP, Other RDBMS systems). And few jobs extract data from other sources and update Oracle tables here.

Any impact on these jobs ? Please let me know if any other details required.

Thank you!!
Re: IP address Change of Oracle database server [message #662432 is a reply to message #662431] Tue, 02 May 2017 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
If you have name resolution services set up, then there is no reason why changing IP address will have any impact. Consider the situation if you are using DHCP; no difference.
Re: IP address Change of Oracle database server [message #662477 is a reply to message #662432] Wed, 03 May 2017 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gazzag
If you have an Oracle Enterprise Manager/Cloud Control agent stop that and de-install it. Then remove it as a target from the monitoring console. Once the IP address has been changed, the management agent can be re-installed.
Re: IP address Change of Oracle database server [message #662480 is a reply to message #662432] Wed, 03 May 2017 07:01 Go to previous message
kumarravik
Thank you for your inputs. Seems, it's not very scary Smile
Previous Topic: ORA-02165
Next Topic: Knowledge Transfer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:11:50 CDT 2024