Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » send sms message
send sms message [message #666447] Sun, 05 November 2017 11:58 Go to next message
abdulwahidpk
I want to create an application where i can sent message on mobile phone using AT commands & oracle 10g form.

any one can help me in this matter????
Re: send sms message [message #666448 is a reply to message #666447] Sun, 05 November 2017 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
abdulwahidpk wrote on Sun, 05 November 2017 09:58
I want to create an application where i can sent message on mobile phone using AT commands & oracle 10g form.

any one can help me in this matter????
Apple or Android phone?

send messages where exactly?

What are AT commands?

Oracle 10g forms don't run on either Android or IOS.

Re: send sms message [message #666450 is a reply to message #666448] Sun, 05 November 2017 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
abdulwahidpk
want to use GSM modem and android phone connected with PC with USB cable etc.

Dear BlackSwan,
i have found information on below link, but facing issues using following these info....
http://www.developershome.com/sms/howToSendSMSFromPC.asp

please guide if possible.
Re: send sms message [message #666452 is a reply to message #666450] Mon, 06 November 2017 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Your Forms runtime process is not running on your PC, it is running on your application server. Getting your PC to send signals to a locally attached device is not going to be easy. Why do you not simply send the SMS as a email to your cell network operator's email-to-SMS gateway? They will have an address for that. If they don't, change to an operator that does.
Re: send sms message [message #666461 is a reply to message #666450] Mon, 06 November 2017 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
abdulwahidpk wrote on Sun, 05 November 2017 20:00
want to use GSM modem and android phone connected with PC with USB cable etc.

Dear BlackSwan,
i have found information on below link, but facing issues using following these info....
http://www.developershome.com/sms/howToSendSMSFromPC.asp

please guide if possible.
A couple of points need to be made.
(Web)Forms runs in environment like below.
EndUser<=>browser<=>webserver<=>ApplicationServer<=>DatabaseServer

If/when you have a phone wired to a PC, you are literally off the chart to the left in above description.
You & you alone know or care about the phone cabled to the PC client.
The Browser does not know the phone exists since Broswser only interacts with the keyboard.
Why are you trying to duplicate the capability of the phone that already knows how to send SMS messages?
Forms adds nothing to this situation.
It appears that your imagination exceeds your technical knowledge & capabilities.

Re: send sms message [message #666466 is a reply to message #666461] Mon, 06 November 2017 13:36 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Have a look at what Jeff Kemp says: Send SMS, MMS and Voice messages from Oracle PL/SQL.
Previous Topic: voice typing on oracle forms?
Next Topic: FRM-13008:Cannot find javabean with name 'oracle.forms.webutil.ole.OleFunctions'
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:13:18 CDT 2024