Home » Other » Suggestions & Feedback » Required action for illegal requests
Required action for illegal requests [message #278614] Mon, 05 November 2007 02:54 Go to next message
Frank
I just removed a topic in which a user requested some documentation that was part of a commercial course.
The topic was initially locked by Maarten, stating that this is not what OraFAQ is for, but I thought that would not be enough, since people still would be able to mail the requested items to the original posters.
I'd love to see the opinions of the other moderators on this..
Re: Required action for illegal requests [message #278621 is a reply to message #278614] Mon, 05 November 2007 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
I agree with you that these kind of topics/posts should be deleted.
I already did it warning the author for the violation of site rules and I think I will still do it in future.
I also think that from time to time, it is good to let one live a while with a message like Maarten's post, just to remind other posters that this is not allowed.

Regards
Michel
Re: Required action for illegal requests [message #278623 is a reply to message #278614] Mon, 05 November 2007 03:16 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
That's exactly what I thought.

I'd say that deleting a topic isn't the best solution either. I'd probably modify (i.e. EDIT) original message saying something like "Read the OraFAQ Forum Guide to learn what we think about illegal documentation distribution" and then lock the topic, along with private message to the original poster - a warning not to do that again.

Previous Topic: Ignore list
Next Topic: deleting posts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:01:39 CDT 2024